Malone Coaching services consist of personalized training programs designed for each client.
This level of coaching is appropriate for beginners to athletes competing in Iron distance races. I only offer Premium because that is all I know how to do. In the past I have tried to offer a watered down version of this at a lesser price but I ended up spending the same amount of time with each athlete. ALL coaching is individualized so it will be appropriate for you. I take the "thinking" out of your workouts so all you have to do is MAKE it happen!
To start with we conduct an initial consultation, evaluating your current lifestyle and future goals to determine your training path. During this consultation you will fill out a questionnaire, and then we develop a training plan for you. The plan allows you to see where you are, where you are going and how you are going to get there. We post your schedule on Training Peaks, each week.(Your account is included in your monthly fee). After your training sessions, you log your results into the Training Peaks software for review. You will recieve feedback each week as well as contact via e-mail and phone conversations. Once you become a Malone Coaching athlete you are offered all the knowledge and resources available. When necessary we will meet for occasional workouts or additional coaching sessions.
Here is it broken down
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Face to face meeting to get to know you, understand your athletic background, and goals. If you are out of the state/country, we can do this over the phone or Skype.
- Weekly training programs outlined in detail using Training Peaks. These training programs are very detailed and can be adjusted based on your life schedule (traveling, illnesses, etc).
- Unlimited email and phone consultation : DAILY if needed!
- Detailed on-going discussions about your “A- races” and how your big- picture racing season will be structured — Many athletes like to develop their Annual Training Plan to include road races, swim races, etc.
- Pre- race call prior to all A races about strategy and preparation
- Post -race call to discuss race details for all A races
- One-on-one open water swim sessions when needed
- Summer months GROUP open water swims
- Swim stroke review in person and/or video analysis
- Run evaluation and video analysis
- Adjustments to your schedule can be done at any time as needed. That is what I am here for!
- Detailed discussions of training, recovery and race day nutrition
- Detailed discussions on the mental aspect of racing and competion including mental worksheets and reading.
- Full access to Malone Coaching Training Camps at discounted prices
Road to Kona Plan
We can help you get to this starting line!
For the most dedicated athletes who have the dream of heading to Kona we have a special program developed to have a very high level of personal attention. More frequent meetings with mulitple speciality coaches, frequent video evaluations, power testing, nutritional guidance and one on one workouts designed to test your limits. This is only for athletes willing to live triathlon and make the everyday changes needed to make it to the start line in Hawaii. We can only coach a limited number of athletes so please contact us far in advance of your qualifying race.